We offer a full range of general practice services to assist you and your whānau.
Our standard consultation appointment with a doctor is based on fifteen minutes.
We ask patients to consider asking for extra time if they believe their problem may be difficult or is of a complex manner.
With the increasing complexity and choices in managing medical problems we ask that you have one problem per appointment. You may be required to return or make a telephone consultation for follow-up and discussion about your results and investigations.
We ask for your help and understanding in this matter so as we are able to see you at your arranged time.
There may be times when a remote consultation is appropriate. This may be by telephone,video or email/text. This type of consultation would only be initiated with your consent and understanding. You may wish to phone and ask to speak to a nurse or a doctor. It may more convenient for you to have followup of tests and/or investigations by phone. This can be discussed with your doctor or nurse at the time of your face to face consultation.
Home visits are provided to those who are in need of this service. Unless these are urgent they will be placed at the end of the morning or afternoon sessions.
For many of our patients, our nurses are the first point of contact for information and guidance about their health. Practice Nurses are available for appointments, they provide the following services:
Consultations will incur a fee.
- Well Health Promotion
- Heart Disease Risk Assessment
- Dietary and Lifestyle Modification
- Well Child Assessment and Immunisation
- Wound Care
- Quit Smoking Programmes
- Weight loss programmes
- Cervical Smears
- Health Screening reviews
- Diabetes review and initiation of insulin
- Removal of Lumps and Bumps
- Suspicious mole removal
- Liquid Nitrogen to warts and other skin lesions (Thursday only)
- Joint Steroid injection
- Ingrown Toenail surgery
- IUD removal
- Pessary insertion/removal
- If phoning for a prescription Please do so before 11am.
- A prescription is issued at the Doctor’s discretion.
- Prescriptions will be available after 12pm the following day. (Please ensure you always have sufficient medication)